Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full disclaimer to learn more.
Modern nuptials are fun and fabulous giving couples plenty of options for creating the perfect day their way, especially when it comes to wedding guests.
Are wedding guests essential?
That’s a great question because often, many couples are not sure whether to have a few, a lot or zero guests present at their wedding.
Some would prefer the intimate, one-on-one moment, and that is often the choice of those who elope or decide on a destination wedding. Still, there many other couples who envision their nearest and dearest close to them as they tie the knot.
Let’s discuss some of the pros and cons of inviting guests for your special day or keeping it just between the two of you.
- When you choose not to have any guests at your wedding, things become less complicated. You don’t have to worry about outside influences or family politics coming into the picture.
- Maybe you don’t want the fluff and flowers of a wedding performance.
- You control every aspect and can save some major money.
- You can enjoy wedded bliss between you and your partner in a very intimate setting.
- Can you say, “awkward?” Yup, that is sometimes the feeling when you break it to your family and friends that you have eloped.
- Also, it doesn’t sit well with some loved ones when you announce there will be a zero guest list.
- Not having guests also limits the assistance you may need at your nuptials. Those extra sets of hands are not there.
- You also risk getting fewer wedding gifts by some friends and family who may feel snubbed.
A Handful Of Guests
- A small wedding or elopement where there are between 10 and 30 guests is ideal for some couples.
- It is a budget-friendly affair, so you won’t blow your savings.
- You get to share the big day with your close family and friends.
- If you are getting married during a peak wedding season, it will be easier to find them the right accommodations.
- Two heads are better than one, so you have other opinions to help you organize for your trip down the aisle.
- It’s nice to get away on holiday with close people who matter to you.
- Bridal party prepping means getting the outfits and flowers together for those on your team.
- When travel is involved, accommodations and how you spend time with your guests require some careful thought and scheduling.
- A small wedding means being choosy on who gets to come, so the decision isn’t always easy.
- Having a handful of guests also means booking ahead of time to ensure that your nearest and dearest can all attend.
A Large Elopement – Around 50 Guests
- The more the merrier has its benefits as you celebrate with a large number of guests to share in your major moment. No one is left out.
- Get ready for non-stop photographs, videos and special memories that get recorded.
- You can double up as a holiday, and with enough of you, everyone can amuse themselves and do their own thing.
- You get all the swag! More gifts, cash and an abundance of stuff coming your way, er, if that is important to you and your partner.
- Hiring a wedding planner can make sure that things go off without a hitch.
- Surely, grande can mean amazing, but you have to be realistic and note that not every invited guest will be able to make it.
- A large elopement translates to a bigger role for you with more people to organize, to meet, to greet and to spend time with. So there are fewer private moments for you and your partner.
- The seating arrangement could be a b*itch, especially when trying to arrange large tables of guests where everyone gets along.
- The cost of a large elopement can make a dent in your wallet. Ouch.
- Also, remember that folks are still there after your wedding.
- A large elopement can remove any intimacy you were hoping for. You may not recognize some of the guests who are old friends of your parents, or maybe you can’t remember your third cousin’s husband’s name.
Here at Cactus Collective Weddings, we are seasoned wedding experts. It doesn’t matter if you have no guests or up to 50 guests, we can create the ultimate ceremony and celebration you’ll always remember.
Take a look at our Las Vegas elopement packages, and don’t worry.
We can make it happen.