Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full disclaimer to learn more.
Picking a venue for your wedding and reception is never an easy decision. Add to it a global pandemic, and it gets really tricky. But there’s no reason that you can’t have a ceremony of your dreams – even now. You just need to keep a few things in mind.
So what are some of the things you should consider?
- Well for starters, does it fit the vibe you want for your special day. You may have to make some adjustments to your expectations – it’s a pandemic after all – but you still need to choose a site that allows you to have a wedding you will love. Do you want a bohemian feel? How about a western vibe? Maybe you want to go traditional? Whatever it is, explore how you can bring that vibe to the venue you choose.
- Price is always a consideration. Set your venue budget before you start looking. Nothing is worse than finding the “perfect” venue and then finding out it’s waaaayyy out of your price range.
- Will the venue allow postponements? What is their cancellation policy?
- Is wedding insurance a requirement?
- Is there an option to livestream at the venue?
- What is internet access like?
- What is the total guest number allowed?
Now, let’s get real. At this point in time, the safety of a venue is your No. 1 priority. Your health and the health of your guests is paramount.
Is your venue conducive to having a safe wedding during a coronavirus pandemic? Will people be able to social distance? What is the venue’s ventilation (virus droplets travel in the air, after all)? How will the location be cleaned and prepared?
Considering all the questions and variables during the coronavirus pandemic, we here at Cactus Collective Weddings suggest exploring outdoor weddings. Outside fresh air is constantly moving, dispersing any virus droplets. It’s safer for the wedding party and wedding guests. Outdoor weddings also allow guests to social distance without worries about pesky walls.
At an outdoor venue, instead of worrying about airborne germs and masks, you can relax, take a deep breath of fresh air and enjoy your day.
One of our very favorite reasons for suggesting outdoor weddings is the potential for stunning photographs. Whether you’re the outdoorsy type or not, a clear blue sky and a stunning landscape as a backdrop is hard to beat.
Cactus Collective Weddings offers a whole lot of outdoor wedding venue options.
From the unique and rustic Eldorado Canyon, complete with vintage cars, old barns and the amazing cholla cactus fields, to the stunning vistas of Red Rock Canyon or dramatic landscape of Eldorado Dry Lake Bed. We even offer the truly unique venue of The Neon Museum outdoor Neon Boneyard, complete with iconic Las Vegas signs from the past.
We know picking your venue isn’t easy and that the pandemic has added plenty of hurdles. So take your time and find the best fit for you and your guests. You can still have a wedding of your dreams. And if we at Cactus Collective Weddings can help, give us a call.